The Principality of Monaco, An Attractive Banking Centre
Situated at the heart of Europe on the shores of the Mediterranean, the Principality of Monaco, an independent, sovereign State, occupies a privileged position in the international context.
In the course of decades, the Principality has risen to the forefront among financial centres. Its strengths have appealed to the foremost private investors, making it an exceptional place to live:
- a strategic, easily-accessed geographical location on the Northern Mediterranean shore through Nice International airport
- Political and regulatory stability
- security of persons and property
- the stringency, reputation and dynamism of Monaco as a banking centre:
- Monaco's Government is entirely dedicated to combating crime, including terrorism and money laundering,
- Continuous effort by local institutions to maintain a high level of competence.
Furthermore, the Principality of Monaco is internationally renowned for holding prestigious events in the arts and the sports world, such as:
- the Printemps des Arts, the Formula 1 Grand Prix, and the Monte Carlo Tennis Open of which the BNP Paribas group has been an official partner since 2005
- The hosting of exhibitions and conventions where professionals from around the world meet and develop their activities (Monaco Yacht Show, salons Imagina and Sportel, Festival de Télévision de Monte-Carlo, ...).
Monaco's Key Figures 2016
- 37,550 inhabitants including 24% Monegasques
- Residents of 125 nationalities officially recorded
- Labour force: 52,447
- Private-sector gross revenue: EUR 14.4 billion, of which 11.4% earned by the banking sector
- Over EUR 115.1 billion in assets under management
- 33 Banks, 58 management companies
- 202 hectares
Source : IMSEE 12/2016