Elena Goitini appointed Head of BNL- BNP Paribas Private Banking & Wealth Management Italy
- BNP Paribas Group is launching in Italy a new growth strategy in the Private Banking and Wealth Management market.
- The new “Private Banking and Wealth Management Division” will deliver an enriched product and services offering leveraging on BNL’s experience and synergies with the Group’s corporate and institutional banking division.
- Elena Goitini is appointed Head of BNL-BNP Paribas Private Banking & Wealth Management in Italy.
- The division is planning to hire experts and private bankers in Italy to support this growth strategy.
Italy is a key market for the BNP Paribas Group with the largest concentration of companies in the OECD countries of Europe*.
“To benefit from the expansion of the Italian market, where our assets under management have grown 60% between 2012 and 2019, we want to accelerate our growth in Wealth Management and Private Banking across all regions - and in particular in the North of Italy. Our focus includes all client segments, enhancing our synergies with the other divisions of the group”
Co-CEO of BNP Paribas Wealth Management
“Elena Goitini’s strong expertise and in-depth knowledge of the Italian market will enable us to take our Business Development Plan forward, to further develop the clientele and support the ambitious strategic plan of Private Banking and Wealth Management in Italy"
CEO and general Manager of BNL, Head of BNP Paribas Group in Italy
The target of the new division is to strengthen Wealth Management positions, already Top 5 in the market, by leveraging on four development pillars:
- The implementation of a specialized offer of products and services enriched with new tailor-made solutions
- The strengthening of a relationship business model built on value propositions for each segment
- The expansion of advanced digital services
- A more efficient operating model
Elena Goitini is the Head of the new Private Banking and Wealth Management Division with over 25 years of international experience in the financial sector. Elena comes from the Unicredit Group where she held key roles in Italy and in Central Eastern Europe. Graduated in Economics at Bocconi University, she holds economic / financial and management specializations at SDA Bocconi, INSEAD in Paris and IMD in Lausanne.
* With 3 695 000 companies, Italy is the country with the largest number of companies in OECD countries of Europe (Source: OECD 2016).