2021 Global Entrepreneur & Family Report Part 2: Impact Journey
Based on the voices of 920 Elite entrepreneurs and multi-generational families handling average investable assets of $17.2million, spanning 19 countries across Europe, Asia, the United States and the Middle East, this exclusive report offers a deep-dive to uncover their views on sustainable investment opportunities.
What we learn?
- The proportion of entrepreneurs with sustainable investments in their portfolio is on the rise: 58% report having some sustainable investments in their portfolios, up from 47% in 2019
- 49% now expect advice on sustainable investment portfolios from their wealth managers
- On reporting, more than a third (36%) prefer their investment performance to be tracked relative to their sustainable investment goals – rising to 42% in Europe
- 43% entrepreneurs believe there is a need to compromise returns in the short-term when investing sustainably, far fewer than before the crisis
- Clean energy is ranked globally as the most important aspect of ‘Green New Deals’. Since the onset of the crisis, other goals have risen to the forefront. These include health and wellbeing, and alleviating global poverty and inequality.
Aon’s client Insight team
Owned by Aon plc, Aon’s Client Insight team is a leading insight and strategy consultancy to the global wealth industry. We specialise in understanding ultra/high net worth individuals and the financial institutions with which they interact, sharing our expertise with business leaders to enable them to drive business growth and performance. As a global team of consultants, we have a deep understanding of the challenges facing the wealth management sector and the opportunities for growth. We have a passion for improving client outcomes. Our
core competencies are client engagement studies, thought leadership, brand tracking assessments and strategic consulting. To date, we have collected more than 150,000 individual client responses globally – providing unparalleled insight to the institutions we work with. This research in this report was conducted and written by Aon UK Limited, part of Aon plc. Aon UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.