BNP Paribas Wealth Management: 2021 Year in Review
CLIENTS DRIVE INNOVATION FOR BETTER RESPONSIBLE SOLUTIONS
Since 2006, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been integrating responsible funds into investment portfolios, an offering which has been gradually adopted and welcomed by clients. Furthermore, clients are BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s primary partners in the development of responsible savings. Early on, we understood the need to support them from the outset in their “sustainable investor experience” and help them define their extra-financial profile. Here is a summary of three major initiatives:
- myImpact: in 2021, BNP Paribas Wealth Management accelerated the rollout of its pedagogical questionnaire, myImpact, to inform their clients and raise awareness of the sustainable development goals (SDGs), responsible investing and philanthropy. This questionnaire, enriched with pedagogical information and co-created with clients, gives everyone the opportunity to express their preferences and priorities in terms of sustainable development, and define how they wish to contribute to it, with the guidance of their Relationship Manager.
- Clover rating: thanks to the new sustainability rating methodology, “Clover Rating”, our clients can now identify the level of sustainability of all recommended financial instruments, whether responsible or not. It also allows BNP Paribas Wealth Management to expand its range of responsible products.
- Let’s talk about sustainability: to support clients wishing to integrate sustainability into their investments and financing, BNP Paribas Wealth Management launched during the summer the "Let's Talk about Sustainability" series, featuring articles on sustainability and the positive impact through investments and financing, including an episode dedicated to performance and returns. Lastly, clients were invited to attend a digital conference looking at how sustainability can drive change in companies and how investors can play a more responsible role in making a positive impact through their investments. >> Learn more
EXPERTISE AND EXCLUSIVE DIGITAL SOLUTIONS
In an ongoing drive for innovation, BNP Paribas Wealth Management's range of digital solutions continues to grow in order to provide a personalised customer experience. Accelerated by the health crisis, digital usage enabled BNP Paribas Wealth Management’s teams to stay in touch with clients during this unprecedented period while providing the highest standard of service. Exchanges included virtual conferences, podcasts or articles on the web and on social networks, as well as secure chat and instant messaging solutions. We highlight two major initiatives:
- MyMand@te: developed in partnership with the Gambit start-up, MyMand@te is an innovative and customisable discretionary portfolio management offering combining cutting-edge technologies and BNP Paribas' portfolio management know-how.
- PaxFamilia: developed in Belgium, PaxFamilia is a wealth management platform aimed at families. It offers a 24/7 digital view of all their wealth management data that they can share with family members and trusted contacts.
2022 INVESTMENT THEMES
Each year, BNP Paribas Wealth Management's investment strategy team publishes 5 major investment themes. These themes allow investors to take a short-, medium- and long-term approach to their investments. Moreover, they are regularly updated, and adapted to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and to long-term megatrends in our economies and society. Here are our themes for 2022:
- Riding a new inflation regime
- Identifying winning investments and innovations
- Repair, Reuse, Recycle
- Small is (still) beautiful
- Enter the Metaverse
“NEXTGEN EXPERIENCE”: TOGETHER LET'S BUILD THE WORLD OF TOMORROW
Over three days, nearly 190 NextGeners attended the new 100% digital format of the seminar “NextGen EXPERIENCE: A FAST TRACK TO WEALTH MANAGEMENT.” Participants were invited to debate with our wealth management experts, experience digital innovations, and meet inspiring leading entrepreneurs.
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management's financial expertise: experts from BNP Paribas Wealth Management and from other entities of the BNP Paribas Group (Real Estate and Asset Management, etc.) participated to give this young generation an opportunity to measure both the potential and the impact of their investment decisions. However, financial expertise was not the only topic discussed during the seminar.
- A technological vision of the future: attendees were introduced to the major technologies in this decade, such as robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
- An important role to play: in view of their position as future leaders, NextGeners have a role to play in sustainability. BNP Paribas Wealth Management offers them an innovative selection of sustainable investments to support them in their quest for impact. >> Learn more
7TH EDITION OF THE ANNUAL “GLOBAL ENTREPRENEUR AND FAMILY REPORT”
How did Covid-19 affect their investment decisions? What’s new in their portfolio strategy? For the 2021 edition, 920 elite entrepreneurs and multi-generational families, with investable assets of $17.2 million on average, took part in a survey in 4 continents and in 19 countries to help us gain a deeper understanding of their investment strategies, assess the impact of the health crisis on their family governance and analyse future trends. >> Part I, Part 2 and Part 3
AGRIFRANCE'S ANNUAL PUBLICATION WITH A FOCUS ON THE RENEWAL OF YOUNGER GENERATIONS
Agrifrance, a specialised department of BNP Paribas Wealth Management, published its report on the French rural land market last year, with a focus on the issue of renewing young generations in the rural world. In the wake of the Coronavirus, food sovereignty and the access to healthy, locally-grown and quality food have become important issues in today’s society. Maintaining an agricultural population is therefore a major challenge. Setting up in agriculture or viticulture is a social and rural planning issue. According to Cerfrance, by 2030 the agricultural and wine sector will become increasingly multipolar, anchored in several strategies: producing large volumes with low costs and economies of scale, contractualisation, developing niche markets, short-circuit commerce, multi-activities, etc. Therefore, no model or project can be ruled out. >> Learn more
“BEST DIGITAL CLIENT ENGAGEMENT – ESG” AWARD
BNP Paribas Wealth Management won the award for "Best Digital Client Engagement - ESG." For the second year, these awards recognised and celebrated the best financial institutions for their innovations and use of new technologies. BNP Paribas Wealth Management was recognised for its new approach to sustainable investments, thus benefiting its clients who are increasingly keen to have a positive impact through their investments and hence contribute to a more sustainable world. >> Learn more
CERTIFICATION OF PRIVATE BANKERS, A WINNING BET
Since 2014, Wealth Management has required that all its private bankers attend an ambitious refresher course. For newcomers and old-timers alike, the training empowers them with high level, up-to-date knowledge, and an understanding of the tighter regulatory requirements in the industry, all for the benefit of our clients. This mandatory programme includes comprehensive training and a test of technical and behavioural skills, covering wealth engineering, investments, credit, compliance and sales pitches. New modules, such as digital skills and sustainable investments, continuously enrich this international programme, which recently won the “Best Training Programme for a Private Bank.” award. >> Learn more
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE LIBOR TRANSITION
LIBOR is increasingly based on the opinion of experts on bank panels due to the declining amount of unsecured bank loans since the financial crisis. For this reason, LIBOR is less and less a robust, transaction-based interest rate. The banking sector as a whole agrees that financial markets need an alternative, reliable and more robust benchmark. As a leading European and global bank, BNP Paribas plays a key role in these discussions and working groups and has the necessary expertise to support you during the transition from LIBOR to the new benchmark interest rate. >> Learn more