MAJOR PLAYER IN THE PRINCIPALITY
The BNP Paribas Group in Monaco accompanies Monaco businesses, individuals, private investors and large entrepreneurial families, and offers you a wide range of services.
BNP Paribas Wealth Management elected Best Private Bank in Monaco as part of the Euromoney 2020 survey and received the same prize at the annual WealthBriefing European Awards ceremony last 14 October 2020.
These prizes highlight the depth of our offering and the dedication of our teams to the benefit of our clients in the Principality of Monaco.
A worldwide leader in the industry
Benefiting from the solidity of BNP Paribas and the Group's global resources in terms of financial expertise and offering, we offer our Monaco-based and international clients a tailor-made service in order to meet their most specific needs. Long-term investments, preservation of capital, return optimisation, are the bases of our philosophy.
A community of local experts
Benefit from a dedicated private banker and a community of local experts supported by the connections of a Group of international dimensions: experts in finanncial markets, Investment Advisors, Credit Analysts, WEalth Planning solutions Experts.
Our teams of multi-lingual Wealth Advisors are tuned-in to your requirements, and assist you in defining a personalised investment or financing strategy.
A committed bank
Furthermore, in line with our Group's objectives, BNP Paribas Monaco is the first bank in the Principality of Monaco to mobilise for Energy Transition by signing the National Energy Transition Pact implemented by the Prince's Government in January 2018.
In this context, BNP Paribas Monaco is resolutely committed to act in favour of energy transition in the Principality, and seeks to have a positive impact locally by taking part in existing initiatives for environmental responsibility within its entities : purchase of green electricity (egeo) from SMEG, designated spots in our parkings with free electrib hubs to recharge our clients' vehicles using "green" renewable energy, dematerialisation of our documentation, reduction of the bank's energy consumption by the global use of low-energy bulbs, selective waste sorting,..... a number of measures so that BNP Paribas Monaco can play its part to the fullest in the safekeeping of the planet.
An attractive bank
As part of the Principality of Monaco's Attractiveness policy implemented by the Princely Government, BNP Paribas Wealth Management Monaco has obtained the "Monaco Welcome Certified" certification rewarding the excellent quality of its welcome as well as its commitment to improving and supporting the quality of the welcome offered by the Principality of Monaco.
The Principality of Monaco, An Attractive Banking Centre
Situated at the heart of Europe on the shores of the Mediterranean, the Principality of Monaco, an independent, sovereign State, occupies a privileged position in the international context.
In the course of decades, the Principality has risen to the forefront among financial centres. Its strengths have appealed to the foremost private investors, making it an exceptional place to live:
- a strategic, easily-accessed geographical location on the Northern Mediterranean shore through Nice International airport
- Political and regulatory stability
- security of persons and property
- the stringency, reputation and dynamism of Monaco as a banking centre:
- Monaco's Government is entirely dedicated to combating crime, including terrorism and money laundering,
- Continuous effort by local institutions to maintain a high level of competence.
Furthermore, the Principality of Monaco is internationally renowned for holding prestigious events in the arts and the sports world, such as:
- The Monte Carlo Tennis Open of which the BNP Paribas Group is an official partner , the Printemps des Arts, the Formula 1 Grand Prix.
- The hosting of exhibitions and conventions where professionals from around the world meet and develop their activities.
Monaco's Key Figures (IMSEE 12/2019)
- 38,100 inhabitants including 22,5% Monegasques
- Residents of 140 nationalities officially recorded
- Private-sector gross revenue: EUR 15 billion, of which 12% earned by the banking sector
- Over EUR 130 billion in assets under management
- 30 Banks, 61 management companies
Fonds de Garantie des Dépôts et de Résolution
Le Fonds de Garantie des Dépôts et de Résolution (FGDR), créé par la loi du 25 juin 1999 est chargé de protéger et indemniser les clients en cas de défaillance de leur établissement bancaire.
La Garantie des Dépôts couvre les comptes de dépôts et les livrets jusqu’à 100 000 € (hors Livrets garantis par l’État). La Garantie des Titres couvre tous les instruments financiers jusqu’à 70 000 €. La Garantie des Cautions couvre les engagements de cautions réglementaires pris par des professionnels pour leurs clients.
Le FGDR peut intervenir aussi en Résolution de crise avant faillite, pour éviter les conséquences pour les clients.
- Pour en savoir plus sur la protection de vos comptes en cas de défaillance de votre banque, consultez la fiche pratique.
- Pour connaitre les informations relatives à la protection des dépôts, téléchargez le formulaire.